About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Have you noticed

That Isaac's made some changes over at Parabasis? Kudos.

I, though, will remain affixed in this blogger template until someone reminds me it's not 2005. I'm not someone who loves change. I'm a little more in tune with stasis. Maybe.

Some fun things are going on over in Freeman Country.

A solo version of In the great expanse of space there is nothing to see but More, More, More will be seen at a showcase of work by recent graduates of RADA on May 14th. Directed by Georgina Guy and performed by Valerie Gogan. Ms. Guy has been workshopping When Is A Clock with Greylight Productions at the Newbury Corn Exchange across the pond.

That Old Soft Shoe, my latest play, will be see at the Too Soon Festival at the Brick in Williamsburg. Dates are yet to be announced, but I've got the impression we'll be early in the festival, which runs June 4th to July 3rd. Directed by Kyle Ancowtiz, as is customary and proper. We have yet to cast the production. Actors? Interested? We'll be announcing auditions soon. Very soon.

Denouement, a sort of sequel to Exposition, will have a limited run at the Brick May 21-May 28th. Created by me, director Michael Gardner, and the cast: Fred Backus, Kina Bermudez, Steve Burns, Maggie Cino, Ivanna Culliman, Alexis Soittle and Moira Stone.

I've recently received an offer from Playscripts.com to publish Glee Club. When that's finalized, I'll have more details, but that's certainly exciting. You can read about my other Playscripts offerings here. I certainly hope you'll pick up a copy or two of The Death of King Arthur. Why not? Gonna kill you?

Plus, I'm working on a script for the animated promotional/educational video for this upcoming book.

And last night, I recorded a new nytheatrecast with August Schulenberg, to discuss his upcoming play Jacob's House. Great conversation, and when it's live, I'll share.

No comments: