About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Also

Game of Thrones! It does this thing where its just so incredibly boring that I wonder why I keep reading, and then it's good for a minute, and then it's incredibly boring again.

Please, book, please. Uncle.

4 comments:

RVCBard said...

I tried it (the whole series, mind you). It does not get better. I realize now that I'm far better off just watching the TV show when it comes on HBO.

Part of me wants to act all dramaturg-y and be all, "You have not established the importance of all this plotting, scheming, and bloodshed. Why should anyone care who sits on the Iron Throne?"

Alison Croggon said...

I tried the first book and never finished it, which is unusual for me. When series 1 finished, and I reaslied I would have to wait until April, I thought I might even buy the second book. But then I came to my senses. I think it's meant to be for tv.

isaac butler said...

It gets much. much better after the first book. And then, at book four, it gets much, much worse.

Freeman said...

I have friends who love them, and there are lots of bits in particular I like, and characters I like a lot. Then, you know, you have long patches with Roose Bolton or Lord Beric and... who the fuck are these guys?