I was tagged.
Here's the rules -
Here's the deal:
Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDb and take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, I cross it off the list.
This is my ultra-goddamn geek list. I mean, seriously. All of this is easy and just what I thought of while sitting here. I would not call it a "list of my favorite films." But heck, it's fun.
1. There is no civility, only politics.
- Russ Marcel got this.
2. This is a snake skin jacket. It's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom. Hill!
3. A strange man defecated on my sister. (Ok, I can't figure out how to make this strikethrough. I'm a tool. Anyone know how? I'm turning it to Red in the meantime. Well done, Matthew.
4. -Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?
- I don't listen to Hip-Hop! Hill!
5. I was not just fondling my lamb's wool sweater!
Troubador gets this one.
6. - Jack Flack always escapes!
That's right Frogeh. Cloak and Dagger.
7. - I guess I just don't fit the new corporate profile?
- Which is?
- ... Competence.
- You got it Adam.
8. - Home? I have no home! Hunted, despised. Living like an animal. The jungle is my home. But I will show the world that I can be it’s master! I shall perfect my own race of people. A race of atomic supermen which will conquier the world!Pull the string! Pull the string! Hill!
9. The only way to win is not to play. Hill!
10. Suave! Goddamn, you are one suave fucker! Hill!
11. I mean, hell, Hank, I've never even kissed a girl. You know, if me becoming rich is gonna change all that, you know I'm all for it.
Art scores with this one.
12. We are gathered here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. But it should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.
13. - Oh God.
- Zod! Hill!
14. Wings? I don't have wings!
- Of course not! You're a boy!
Isaac Butler got this one. Because he's a Gelfling.
- We've met before, haven't we. I don't think so. Where was it you think we met?
- At your house. Don't you remember?
- No. No, I don't. Are you sure?
- Of course. As a matter of fact, I'm there right now.
- What do you mean? You're where right now?
- At your house.
- Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.