About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays!

The year comes to a close for this blog. 2008 was a pretty good year for me: I wrote a couple of well-received shorts (The White Swallow, Brown Group, Last Words and Carbon Footprint); When is a Clock had a nice run mid-year and garnered lots of response; and I've got another publication on the way. I also completed, besides the shorter plays, the current draft of Bluebeard, and had two staged readings of In The Great Expanse of Space there is nothing to see but More, More, More. Worked with a grand mix of wonderfully talented people all year, too.

Not too bad, all told.

I'm looking forward to 2009. I feel like things are moving in the right direction.

Until then, I've got all sorts of Christmas-esque stuff to think about and take care of. My Mom's coming to visit. Trying to make sure everyone gets gifts. Also, I'm trying to make sure I actually take time off while I'm taking time off. Harder than it looks, it seems.

I hope all of you are enjoying the holiday season. I'll be back to blogging next week or so.

If you want to share any of your favorite moments (blogosphere or otherwise) of 2008 here...I'd be happy to read them in the comments. Otherwise, onwards and upwards!

1 comment:

David D. said...

Your writing high points in 2008 were also my performing high points. Especially getting to introduce a role in When Is a Clock? that is one of my favorites I've ever had to play. So, thanks! Looking forward to working together again in 2009.