About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Monday, August 03, 2009

Fringe Festival!

Are you involved in a show at the Fringe Festival this year? Are you excited about one?

My comments section is for plugging. Plug your show, or make recommendations! I want you to!

5 comments:

Aaron Riccio said...

I still have to blog about this myself, but here's some initial thoughts to stir the fire:

Powerhouse - Their production last year ("There Will Come Soft Rains") was terrific.

His Greatness - it's a shame that Daniel MacIvor has to do US premieres at a Fringe Festival, but it's our gain, too

Viral - the postcard makes it look like this play is about drugs, but it could also apply to the spread of Mac Rogers's name on the theatrosphere

Ether Steeds - was totally off my radar until I found out that the guy who played (and will play again) Fela! is starring in it

The Event - I like Clancy Production stuff

I'm looking for recommendations myself, so please, everybody comment!

macrogers said...

Listen to Aaron Riccio! He sees five hundred plays each year! (Five hundred and one on leap years!) If he says VIRAL, put it on the top of your list!

Seriously, I'm pleased to be on Mr. Riccio's initial roster. (Here's my plug: viraltheplay.com). The first other one that pops into my head is THE BOOKS, since I really liked Michael Edison Hayden's "A Quiet Homily" a few years back. I'll get back to you with a few more.

Freeman said...

Might I recommend Bargains and Blood (How to Succeed in Home Shopping!)? It features some great actors, including Tracey Gilbert, (When is a Clock); Laura Desmond (who has been in a billion plays of mine like The Great Escape, When is a Clock, The White Swallow and The Most Wonderful Love) and Sean Kenin (who was King Arthur in The Death of King Arthur and played Stephen in Reasons for Moving). I saw a reading of this a while ago, and it cooked.

http://www.bargainsandblood.com/

Minions 8 said...

My very talented friend Donnie Mather has created a show called Kaddish, based on the Allen Ginsberg poem. Looking forward to that.

Philucifer said...

Looking forward to VIRAL (of course) and WILLY NILLY from Trav SD and the folks at Piper McKenzie Productions. Anything that's being billed as "The Manson Murders as if they were done on Laugh-In" gets my interest.