About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Monday, October 05, 2015

Podcasts, Fellowships and Fall


That's me with a Luchador. Mexico City is cool as fuck.

Anyway...

I rarely post here these days, as a lot of my social media presence has transferred to Facebook and Twitter or my website. Nonetheless, blog, you exist. And you matter. To me. Really. You do.


So. The fall approacheth. Or wait. It is uponeth. I'm feeling a bit out of sorts, because around this time of year, I'm usually preparing for a show or project. (See: The Listeners, which went up in February of this year, and was nominated for an Outstanding Performance Art Production Award from the New York Innovative Theatre Awards 2015).

Now, though, I'm in seed planting mode. I'm having meetings with artistic staff at theaters, just to learn a bit more about how they make decisions, how they characterize their approach and opportunities, and to make my name more familiar. I'm figuring things out. I'm submitting stuff. I'm being me and I'm writing.

I am, in a lot of ways, doing what most playwrights do. Hopefully, this effort will result in new eyes on my work and some new opportunities.

In the meantime, I've got a few cool things going on/coming up in the fall and winter.

First, the ND: In-Depth podcast is on Episode 6. Between the first episode (which featured and interview with yours truly and A. Zell Williams) and this one, there have been some terrific interviews and segments. The newest is an airing of my own Lift Lift Lift. Give it a listen. Plus, do yourself a favor and subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher or whatever you use for podcasting. It's worth the time and effort. 

Second, I'm heading up to the MacDowell Colony at the end of the week, to do a ten-day stay and work. Perhaps I'll even see a legendary picnic basket up close.

Third, it's my five year anniversary with Pam next Friday. Eleven years with that magical human, five married. Ever more inspired.

Onwards and upwards.



1 comment:

financialserviceoffer said...

Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via (financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Finance Pvt Ltd Thanks