Just whatever's up... 10 things that I'm all about right now.
1. A Poor Player, Gasp Journal and Intermission - Always nice when some new voices make a little noise.
2. Buy this! Because you like me so much!
3. The United Nations.
4. Rosh Hashanah.
5. Fools and Lovers at Moonwork. Great company. I heartily recommend this. Features my pal David DelGrosso.
6. Finally watching "Deadwood."
7. Albee and Remy (our cats) are in full blown crazy-ass mode. Hilarious, but makes each morning just a little more exhausting. Oh Kittenhood.
8. The ridiculous "compromise" between Bush and members of his own party, to essentially allow for torture while condeming it. This has about as much teeth as a General Assembly resolution.
9. The nytheatrecast. Great stuff for anyone interested in a wide range of voices from the Indie Theatre scene in NYC.
10. Arbitrary 10th thing.
- Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.