About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Buried in the snow

So besides Glee Club writing and the occasional quick link or post lately, I've been on the quiet side. No harm, no foul. I've been working hard, I've got the new play opening, and some other great things in the works. Playscripts has offered to publish Trayf in a collection of short plays, Bluebeard is finding some interest, etc.

All in all, I'm happy, I'm focused, and it's frickin' winter. I'm not feeling terribly social, and the result is the blog is light on content. At this point, I've been writing this blog for a while, so I know that it comes in waves and I'm not about to declare that I am no longer blogging forever or some such hyperbole. I'm just letting you know that I'm not feeling all that interested in writing about the overall state of the American Theatre right now; or about the ads in the Superbowl; or do battle over racial/gender/class politics.

I will say that it's funny to me that I live in a world where the New Orleans Saints, representing a city in need of good news, wins its first Superbowl ever, in its first ever appearance, after years of being just awful...and all I'm hearing about is that the ads were sexist. Sigh. I thought it was a really awesome game, for the record. Onside kick at the top of the half? I blew a gasket! Let's talk about how f*cking awesome that was!

I've been watching the Final Season of Lost, which has made me happy so far. Rehearsals are in full swing. I'm reading Game Change (ohhh dish!). I'm, well, going about my business. Oh, and I'm playing Dragons Age: Origins on PS3. I'm hanging out with my girlfriend.

This is my life folks. And you, yes you, get to hear about it.

No comments: