About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

New plays available - The Great Escape and The Most Wonderful Love

Two of my plays, The Great Escape and The Most Wonderful Love, are now available as a part of the Indie Theater Now digital library. These plays, first produced in 2004 and 2006 respectively are two that I've always been extremely proud of, and they were well-received during their original runs. The New York Times was especially effusive about The Most Wonderful Love. From the review:





Oddly enough, the play was never workshopped elsewhere, produced or published. I'm glad that, five years later, it's seeing the light of day. I certainly hope you give it a look. It's big and rowdy and fun.

The Great Escape, for its part, was the first play I had produced with Blue Coyote Theater Group and the first directed by Kyle Ancowitz. The premise involves two siblings wrapping their newly remarried mother in a sack and holding her hostage. It's, you know, funny. For those few that follow my plays, it's become pretty closely associated with "what I do." The characters are often named after people in my real life, the situations very close to home. It's another play that I feel would love to be remounted and revisited.

Check all of three plays available through the site here.

No comments: