About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

In Need of an Actress...Tomorrow or Sooner

Hey everyone...

I'm in need of an actress for my play in Blue Coyote's "Standards of Decency" which will begin rehearsing pretty much immediately, and run from Dec. 12 - 17th. The play is just over 10 minutes and there's not very much to memorize.

The issue we're having is:

The role requires someone who is willing to be fully nude in an objectifying situation. I've had several actresses look at it and say that they wouldn't be comfortable. I think that's important to stress.

I do need someone immediately, it's a great opportunity to meet nine fantastic playwrights, actors and directors.

Details for the show can be found here.

If interested, contact me here. I will send you a copy of the script, which is called "What To Do To A Girl."

2 comments:

Floyd said...

I am not a woman, but I will do it. Please let me do it!

Freeman said...

Sold! To the man with no pants on, writing a blog comment!