About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rehearsals begin for When is a Clock

I'd very much like to discuss the rehearsal process for this play, but I'd like to do so without breaking the confidence and process of the actors, director and design team and they work their way through it.

I'm curious if readers of this blog would be interested to hear my thoughts on the development up through opening and, if so, what sort of postings you'd be interested in reading?

7 comments:

Travis Bedard said...

I am interested in any thoughts on process or development you're willing to share. I'm always sorry that there isn't more of that in this medium.

Christine Whitley said...

I only want dirt and gossip.

Just kidding.

I'd like to hear about your specific process as a playwright in rehearsal, what it's like for you, etc.

David D. said...

Um... no one warned me you were going to be a part of the process. Isn't there some Rule that prevents that??

PS- I say go for it. I would be interested to read about that, especially as- despite often getting to go through the process with you, I don't know what it is like from the Playwright's point of view.

macrogers said...

I like photographs of largely unclothed woman and advertisements for upcoming films featuring familiar celebrities. Does that help?

Freeman said...

Mac -

You have come to the right place.

Matthew Trumbull said...

What's it like to work with Matt Trumbull?

David Johnston said...

I care not a fig for process. I only want to know if someone throws a drink at someone else at South's.