About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Returning from Vacation

Still in the glow of a drowsy, absolutely fun vacation. We went up to Buttermilk Falls Inn and Spa in Milton, NY; had a good few days of no computers, not answering phone calls, and eating great food. Went to Storm King, wandered the grounds of the Inn, saw llamas and chickens and peacocks, and drank wine and read on big comfy couches. Pam got her tarot cards read by Rachel Pollack. I ate lobster. We bought books in New Paltz. I saw Star Trek, which is a total blast. Grand, grand, grand.

Now, we're back.

As you might have noticed, my blogging muscles have gone a bit flabby. I'll continue to write when it moves me; but you may get a fair amount of linking and promotion over here. I may even tell a few jokes. One never knows.

Glee Club is going to be a great show, and I urge you to get your tickets well in advance, as there are only four performances and we have a relatively large cast.

I started working on something new, currently titled "That Which Isn't," and I'm enjoying that. I'll say more about that in the coming weeks, I hope. The Bull Crime is still being worked over and beaten up and turned into a play, whether it wants to or not. Bluebeard may have a public reading relatively soon. I'm pretty excited about it.

Have you purchased a copy of When is a Clock? No? Why not? Is ten bucks too much for you, cheapskate?

Anyhow, I hope all who bother to read this blog are well, and happy, and looking forward to a summer filled with theater festivals.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments: