About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Future

Looks like I'll be finished the next play before Labor Day. Hence a recent e-mail. I can do it. I know I can.

I have a "final"-ish draft due today, er, yesterday.

I sat at a table reading and watched Kyle and the actors slowly work their ways through the eccentricities of the play. They were able to make observations that were absolutely supported by the text, made perfect crystal sense, were utterly motivated, and that I was completely surprised by. That's why this sort of thing is an art, and not a science.

I've become obsessed with The Hanso Foundation. It's like tailor made for geeks like me.

Question for all of you that love the future: What will it be like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is a darker view of the future.

DL said...

We'll know when it's here.