About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Opera 9!

 To put on a completely different hat for a moment, I was reading something that noted that the Mozilla FireFox web browser was moving towards 2.0. Cool enough. I love Firefox. But reading a blog called ArsTechnica I found that the reviewer was happy with "Opera 9" his apparent browser of choice.

Of course, I'm a bit of a pseudo-technophile like everyone else. I don't have the money for neat equipment or crazy stuff...I just have my wireless Dell at home with it's low-horsepower and I try to get the most out of it that I can. When I find cool stuff (like using less Internet Explorer, which is like a virus magnet) I'm happy.

I downloaded Opera 9 at work, and I must say...quite awesome. I suggest it. Fun indeed. I like the interface, which is elegantly put together. They describe it on their site as having a "tightly written code" which I'm sure is geekspeak for "They don't write too much Ad-Ware for Opera."

One of the few things that gives me a little smile consistently is the Open-Sourcing and Democratizing of Media and Software. It's a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

MattJ said...

ooh fancy. It's a lot like the new IE beta except smaller and faster.

I'm going to go get a life, excuse me.