About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

First Act Of My New Play - Finished

It clocked in at about 62 pages total, but that's because I probably have too much of scene 1 and not enough of scene 2. Who can say? First Draft of a First Act makes me feel as if I've acheived at least, something. In the midst of working at my day job.

I should learn my lesson and not actually write about NOT doing my job while I'm on the job, in public.

If Steve, CEO and man who pays me, is reading this: I did, in fact, do the work I needed to do today.

Nonetheless, it's funny how with an absence of deadlines or a pay schedule, I have to come up with little motivations and milestones in order to make the play finish itself. All the impulse is internal, and so are the rewards. At least, during the process.

Onwards.

No comments: