About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Weird Al

While on my vacation in MN, I went with my family to see "Weird Al" at the Minnesota State Fair. Man it was awesome. I can't tell you how awesome. I haven't really listened to him in years. Nostalgia, I tell you. It's a thrilla.

So, in honor of this, I bring you the video of "Weird Al's" parody of R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet." A parody of Trapped in the Closet is redundant, you say? Pish-posh!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Two of my best friends were way into Weird Al in elementary school. They would go to the roller rink (I'm dating myself here) and request their favorite Weird Al songs--only their appreciation went so deep that they were requesting Weird Al songs that weren't singles, so the DJ had to play the original songs that were being parodied and they would skate around singing the Weird Al words.

Anonymous said...

You know, this guy is really talented, and only getting better. His recent stuff is even better than the songs that made him famous, he's got a lyrical cleverness Sondheim would appreciate.