About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Can't get a ticket to the Dark Knight?

Go see Hellboy II. It's just beautiful to look at and is a ton of fun.

del Toro is making "The Hobbit." After seeing Hellboy II...I'm signed up. Perfect.

3 comments:

Alison Croggon said...

I would think Pan's Labyrinth would enough of a calling card - a genuine fairytale, with the real edge of the uncanny...

But don't miss TDK. It's wonderful.

Freeman said...

Of course. But Hellboy II was an entertainment as well. Which, frankly, The Hobbit is. Pan's Labyrinth is about the monstrosity of human beings. It's gorgeous and amazing and as bleak as a very bleak thing.

The Dark Knight I've seen twice (one of those midnight showings geeks, I am) But it's a shame to see the endless sold out Dark Knight showings and the same audience missing Hellboy II, which has been taking a beating at the box office.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to see this because it looked like the best puppeteer work I'd seen on a national venue since Jim Henson was alive. I keep trying to get my boyfriend to agree to see this with me, but no dice. I fear the first movie, along with the cartoony premise are the main draw backs.

Dan F