About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

And to be a total jerk...

What's with the names of her kids?

...Track?

9 comments:

Matthew Trumbull said...

In the spirit of reaching across the aisle--Track Palin sounds sorta bad-ass. Like a gumshoe private-eye, or something.

I mean, god forfend the Palins see the inside of the White House unless they take the tour. But I cannot strike a blow upon the child's name. I cannot, sir.

Philucifer said...

Also in the spirit of being fair:

As Jon Stewart quipped during the DNC, "Joe Biden, introduced by his son Beaux Biden. And his other son, Banana-Fanna-Fo Biden."

Freeman said...

Your spirit of fairness insults me. Her children's names are silly. That is all there is to it.

Confess it, or I shall have my men take your heads.

Anonymous said...

I kinda like 'em actually... having the balls to name your kids Piper, and Willow....

Freeman said...

...the balls?

Anonymous said...

if this woman has anything, it's balls.

Freeman said...

She named her kids the sort of things you name pets.

Alison Croggon said...

Yep, great names for dogs. She clearly is unaware that "bristol" is British slang for breasts. As in "cor, wot a pair of bristols..."

Martin Denton said...

Not to pick on Trumbull (never!) -- but every decision that someone in Gov Palin's position (e.g., VP candidate) makes is fair game and worthy of evaluation. The names she gives her kids reflect an independence of spirit, I guess, but also, I'd argue, a kind of self-indulgent calculation--a way to say, at her kids' expense, look at me, I give my kids cool and/or flashy names.