About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Issac and J. Holtham get married

Read this and this.

So, two of the best and most prolific theater bloggers decide to join forces and also write about...other stuff. Very cool. Have fun with that, and I hope you keep giving theater some love.

Blogging is odd. There's no one to say "Hey, you're done with that part of the job." People quit or change or just get quiet. That's how it goes.

As for me, this blog has retained it totally inaccurate name and will retain its tone and content. I've never viewed this blog as a product in and of itself...I view it as a place where I can speak, be heard, and hear other people too. Sometimes I get my gander up and write at length on a subject, sometimes I make jokes, and sometimes I link to YouTube. It is sufficient, I hope.

Occasionally I get busy. Right now is one of those times. I hope those of you in New York who follow this blog will allow their interest in my daily thoughts or whatever to migrate into the real world and check out what my actual work looks like. Those of you who live farther away, I've got publications I invite and encourage you to read and send me thoughts about. I'd love to be in a conversation about my actual work, not just about what I think about Treme (which I like, for the record) or the new Dr. Who (who I also like) or Collateralized Debt Obligations (which I listen to too many podcasts about).

I've never really believed that my voice should become a cultural authority on any given subject. I'm just a guy. Thanks for reading. Keep reading. And much luck to Isaac and 99seats, as their readership and subjects expand.

4 comments:

isaac butler said...

Thanks, Matt! And yes, I intend to keep writing about theatre. I just felt it was time to expand the focus a bit!

RVCBard said...

I always knew they had the hots for each other.

BTW, Matt, I forgot to e-mail you about the reading for my play.

Freeman said...

Then you best do so!

Joshua James said...

I think I view my blog pretty much the same as you do yours, it's really just for me and my thoughts ... while traffic is welcome, I don't go out of my way to generate it ... just my own public mind gym on the internet.