About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's up

Light posting lately, which I assume you aren't a bit stickler about. Glee Club was a big success and I'm very proud of the work that was done. I'd like to write a post-mortem about the production when I get the opportunity. I have, though, lept immediately into two new projects and they're taking up my brainspace.

First is Denouement. This is a sort of follow up to Exposition. Our first rehearsal is this evening. Michael Gardner will direct. A short run of public performances will follow our workshop of the piece, at the end of May.

Also, I'll be presenting That Old Soft Shoe at The Too Soon Festival in June. Kyle Ancowtiz directing. I'm currently doing rewrites on the play. All I can say for now is that it takes place in "An undisclosed location. Probably Florida," that its subject is the political ping-pong that our treatment of detainees has become, and that there will be dancing.

No comments: