About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thom Yorke is Jesus on a Pogo Stick

I'm not better than anyone else: I love Radiohead. And yes, kids, I did like them since their very first album (Pablo Honey) and bought it on tape when I was younger. I didn't just jump on board when OK Computer came out.

Anyway, I think they're friggin' large writ pop Gods who bother to have brains. And their website has always been this ever formless piece of abstract art. I hadn't been back there in a while, though... after Hail to the Theif came out and was fine (brilliant for anyone else, good songs from them) I sort of said "Someday they'll have a new album" and left it at that.

Now there is a Radiohead Blog called "Dead Air Space" (linked above) that is pretty much what you'd expect and hope for. Sometimes getting what you want is nice. Band members besides Thom being snarky, pictures, hints at the titles of new songs ("Suit Doesn't Fit" "Pay Day") and Thom himself acting like someone has been poking him in the back with a stick that's shaped like the conscience of the human in a dark, miserable British attic since he hit puberty.

Lovely. Enjoy it. I've always wanted to write plays like these pricks write music.

No comments: