About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Discussion on Nytheatre i

Check out a little blogging conversation at the nytheatre i, where I chime in. The discussion is about the evolving Fringe Festival.

I harp on, and I will continue to do this, National Arts Subsidies. This isn't unattainable on the scale it deserves; other nations do far more than we do with far less money.

Metropolitan Playhouse has a deadline coming up for proposals, which has changed my focus a bit on finishing up some nuts and bolts stuff for that. We'll see how that goes and I'll keep those who are interested, posted.

"Divorce in Love" is probably going to be worked on today, in this fine afternoon, while I am paid to sit in this office. Today the focus is volume.

I don't know if this makes me a pedestrian, haphazard writer, but I really think that I'll never get this thing written if I don't just write a whole bunch of it, too much of it. Then go fix it. And boy will I ever have to fix it.

George Hunka...meet George Hunka. Hilarious.

No comments: