About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Music for Voices: Download

A few months ago, I started working on a new piece for voices and live performace. It's creatively titled, currently, "Music for Voices." I wrote the text for the first piece, intended as a trio. I then made a simple MP3 of it, mixed it together with some free software and a headset originally intended to use when playing online shooting games.

My musical voice reads all three parts.

I thought this blog might be an interesting place to release it. Seems almost foolhardy...in fact, I'm sure it is. But I'm curious what any reader might think of the piece at this early stage. I'll also give this permission: if you listen to it and want to mix it and fiddle with it, (and you're someone who knows how to do things like that) you're free to do so. Just make sure you send me a copy of what you've done with it. The material is, of course, copywritten. Because I just said so.

Obviously, on "Blogger" I can't exactly set up a direct download, so I'm using a file sharing program called "You Send It." If you click the link below, you are redirected to a site where the MP3 file has been placed for download.

If you care to give it a listen, I'd welcome happily any thoughts and feedback. It may be incredibly pretentious, and it may be sort of pretty. Or some terrible combination of the two. Obviously, in this early stage, as an audio file with just my voice, it's essentially a sketch. But if you're curious about the work I'm doing, this is an interesting little sample of what's rattling around in my brain. Or if you just want to hear what the heck I sound like. For seven minutes. Talking in shredded prose.

It's about seven minutes long, all told. Around 4 MB.

The title of this post is a link. There's also a link here.

No comments: