About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Pinter, at 75, uses me as a tackling dummy

Well, I know I'm a day late and a dollar short linking to Pinter's latest offering "Voices." But anything new by him, at 75, is amazing. Getting to listen to it for free is flabbergasting.

Here it is: "Voices on BBC Radio 3"

What drives me insane about this is that I already feel massively derivative, and just a few days ago posted a months old project: a recording of my own I called "Music for Voices I."

(You can still download it here to see just how much better he is than I am, and how many more instruments he has.)

Fine, Pinter. You want to be better than me? FINE.

Honestly, of course, if you haven't listened to "Voices" yet, it's a must. George Hunka and the friendly neighborhood Playgoer (see links on your left) have already linked to it.

No comments: