About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Superfluities and Theatre Blogs

I was noting Parabasis today and his expression that he feels a part of the old guard (with an 18 month old blog) and his praise of George Hunka, the godfather of the theatrical blogsphere.

I wanted to note here that George was the first person to welcome me to the small blogging community and that although he and I recently expressly disagreed I have the utmost respect for him and his constant stream of academically-charged and serious-minded work. His current post regarding 4:48 Psychosis is a fine example of his generosity.

It's a rare thing for me to be able to find cause to write the word "Brecht" in the middle of an afternoon while I'm working as I did here. Or for me to find a fellow playwright in Joshua James who likes a little raucous arguement almost as much as he likes people getting kicked in the face. And then of course there's Scott Walters, who seems to be enjoy having a steady supply of cans from which worms fly.

So, in the midst of yet another quiet afternoon looking at a computer screen, trying to figure out the second act of "The Most Wonderful Love," pondering how to get an agent, and paying the bills while working in something called "the life settlement industry" I wanted to tip my hat to all of you fellows and to anyone who reads this little blog. Fun to be had, all around. If I'm not old guard, I hope the old guard is happy to have the neophytes around. This one's happy to be a source of amusement (Scott) and to be disagreed with heartily (George.)

Off to the races.

1 comment:

cric england said...

UFC Heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier must defend his belt against Stipe Miocic. Here's how to watch a UFC 252 .