About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Iowa Predictions?

Hey crew -

I'm just back from New Orleans, visiting friends. Pam and I came down with this stomach virus that's going around. I hear it's a 48 hour bug, so I'm laying low. Certainly not the way I love to spend time off.

In the meantime, Happy New Year. I'd love to know your predictions for the Iowa Caucuses.

I'm going to say Obama because the Des Moines Register poll went his way. Although Edwards seems pretty likely too. It really could go any direction. Second choice is going to be a big factor and so is how many independents come out to vote.

But for me: Obama. On the Republican side? Huckabee.

You?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to predict that McCain is the big surprise on the Republican side.

... Though that is only wishful thinking, bordering on Magical Thinking, as I strive to make the best of a bad situation. Because I find Huckabee's current popularity terrifying.

I agree with your guess on the Democratic side.

Mostly I will just be glad to no longer have to listen to a bunch of "Undecided Iowans" on the radio every morning. I am ready to leave them alone for another 4 years.

Anonymous said...

Stomach virus? Does this mean I can't borrow your Lost: Season 3 till you get better?

Oh...please feel better.