About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Friday, January 04, 2008

What's Coming Up

2007 was a fine year overall, with some ups and downs. I didn't have a full-length play produced this past year, but I had two new ten-minute plays produced (What To Do To A Girl as a part of the Standards of Decency Project and Trayf in the Baby Jesus One-Act Jubliee) and a longer one-act as a part of the Pretentious Festival (Interview with the Author). All three of them were very well-received and that's something to put in my pocket and take home. I can't say that I felt as strongly about 2007's output as some years past...but it wasn't anything to complain about either.

2008 seems like a promising one overall. I'll be making yet another Blue Coyote festival appearance, in an evening of short works currently called Happy Endings in February. I've also got most of The Lower River written in its new form (sort of a musical piece with twelve actors) and a completed draft of my latest full-length When is a Clock. I hope to see one or both of them up and seen in New York City sometime this year.

I've also got some other little projects floating about, like all writers do. I keep thinking I should write a novel. Then I think "Oh yes...that's not a cliche."

No comments: