About Me

My photo
Matthew Freeman is a Brooklyn based playwright with a BFA from Emerson College. His plays include THE DEATH OF KING ARTHUR, REASONS FOR MOVING, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THE AMERICANS, THE WHITE SWALLOW, AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR, THE MOST WONDERFUL LOVE, WHEN IS A CLOCK, GLEE CLUB, THAT OLD SOFT SHOE and BRANDYWINE DISTILLERY FIRE. He served as Assistant Producer and Senior Writer for the live webcast from Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010-2012. As a freelance writer, he has contributed to Gamespy, Premiere, Complex Magazine, Maxim Online, and MTV Magazine. His plays have been published by Playscripts, Inc., New York Theatre Experience, and Samuel French.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

State of Affairs

For readers who give a small darn about me, Matt Freeman, who writes this here blog...an update on my current state of affairs.

1. My throat hurts.
2. I am in the midst of completing the first draft of my new play, which is currently titled "What is a Clock." Anyone want to read it?
3. I'm reworking an older play and that's going swimmingly.
4. My good friend Josh adopted a baby girl named Clover Rose and this weekend I'll actually get to meet her! Thrilled, I am.
5. Pam is really cool. Coming up on three years in October.
6. I really have to remember to pay that ticket I got for throwing a gum wrapper onto the subway platform.
7. We're shopping for a new vacuum cleaner.
8. I'm still employed by the progressive Jesus types.
9. Did you know I have a myspace page? The front picture is my headshot from 1999. It's vaguely depressing.

How are you?

5 comments:

Zack Calhoon said...

Sure. Send it my way.

Anonymous said...

I still feel guilty that you got the same cold/throat thing I had... even though when I saw you last Wednesday at the diner, all I did was lick your spoon each time you left the table. Other than that I was very careful. Also- if you find yourself wanting to take DayQuil, NyQuil and decongestants for a week, like I did, be careful because I think I ended up setting up a sort of Meth lab in my own chest, which took me days to flush out and stop feeling jittery. Remember plenty of water.

Would love to read the Clock play, as always.

I have no comment on your recent subway crimes, other than to wonder whether your subway tickets over the years could constitute a "rap sheet" by now. If you think back, this is not the first time you have been ticketed in the subway.

Freeman said...

Yes, there was that other ticket. But I paid that one. And paid for it in shame.

The clock play steals some stuff from an old play of mine called "Idiot Servant." Five of my friends remember its existence.

Anonymous said...

I want to read it! I want to read it!

Next time we're together, ask Gabby about having a rap sheet of subway-related incidents.

Leibowitz said...

i'll read your play just as soon as you read my script.

dick.

jL